With Capp pipettes, calibrating is easier than you think.
Let’s say upon your volume verification, you discovered that the pipette was dispensing a different volume instead of what is being displayed. For example, 49 microliters of liquid is dispensed even though the volume indicator says that it’s 50 microliters. Instead of setting the pipette back to the manufacturer to be calibrated, you can now calibrate your Capp pipettes manually in just six easy steps.
- 1. Remove the control knob of your Capp pipette.
- 2. Unlock the pipette.
- 3. Place the control knob on the supplied allen wrench found in the holder.
- 4. Take the cover off and unlock the micrometer.
- 5. Once the micrometer is off, simply adjust the volume to display 49 microliters and tighten once again.
- 6. Put the cover back on the pipette.
Voila! You may now use your calibrated Capp pipette.